Unable to add AspMap 64bit controls to Visual Studio ToolBox

7/2/2015 6:24:40 AM
Total Posts 1

Unable to add AspMap 64bit controls to Visual Studio ToolBox

I'm unable to add the aspmapnet.dll 64 bit controls to the ToolBox whereas i can add the 32bit controls in my local machine.

But adding 32 bit controls is giving me error at deploying on Win 2008 server. It seems like i can only deploy the 64bit dlls to 2008 server.

This is the error i'm getting. Can somebody help me to solve this. 

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'AspMapNET, Version=4.9.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cf7fa4d8046baa4a' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="GenerateRoute.aspx.cs" Inherits="iAuditWeb.views.GenerateRoute" %>
Line 2: <%@ Register TagPrefix="aspmap" Namespace="AspMap.Web" Assembly="AspMapNET, Version=4.9.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cf7fa4d8046baa4a" %>
Line 3:
Line 4: <!DOCTYPE html>

Source File: /Views/GenerateRoute.aspx Line: 2

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'AspMapNET, Version=4.9.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cf7fa4d8046baa4a' could not be loaded.

7/17/2015 4:23:34 AM
Total Posts 7

Re: Unable to add AspMap 64bit controls to Visual Studio ToolBox

Visual Studio is 32-bit and its designer supports 32-bit assemblies only.

You have to use the 32-bit AspMap assemblies during design-time and replace them with the 64-bit AspMap assembles when the application is deployed to the server.