VDS Technologies

File not found: ActualMapUtil.dll

2/21/2014 11:29:00 AM
Total Posts 14

File not found: ActualMapUtil.dll

I have a project currently using ActualMap 4.5 that has been in use for over 18 months now. Today whenever I open the main form with the map in VS2010 I get the following error:

To prevent possible data loss before loading the designer, the following errors must be resolved: File not found: ActualMapUtil.dll

The reference to ActualMap points to the correct ActualMap.dll on my hdd and ActualMapUtil.dll is in the same folder. I have removed and re-added the reference but it made no difference. ActualMap.dll and ActualMapUtil.dll are being copied to the bin\debug folder on compile.

Since the file is present and references are correct I'm at a loss how to proceed.

2/21/2014 11:38:36 AM
MVP
Total Posts 323

Re: File not found: ActualMapUtil.dll

Seems as the licensed version of ActualMap is not installed on your machine. The desing-time development is possible only if a valid licensed version is installed.

2/21/2014 11:46:06 AM
Total Posts 14

This is a new machine but set it up myself and remember installing both AspMap and ActualMap. I see them both in Windows' Programs & Features and my last project was using AspMap which was working fine 2 days agao.

I'll try a reinstall and see if it helps.

2/21/2014 12:21:44 PM
Total Posts 14

Reinstalled. Checked serial entered during install and license key in application match - they do.

I still have this error and can't open my main form.

2/21/2014 12:44:55 PM
Total Posts 14

Solved it.

For version control reasons we don't reference the installed dlls but copies within the project. The referenced dlls were an older version than the installed dlls. I've upgraded the project to the latest version and everything is now ok. Never come across this issue before but at least now I know how to fix it. :)