VDS Technologies

Trying to set up a new map by a newbie!

6/18/2015 10:53:15 AM
Total Posts 19

Trying to set up a new map by a newbie!

Hi

I'm completely new to both mapping in general and VDS Tech in particular so please bear with me.....

I followed the tutorial using VS2012 Express for Desktop.

Added the Toolbox bits (doesnt matter Net20 or 40 with Bin32 or 64 - still get the error - laptop is Dell I7 8g), put the Imports in the code (VB), dragged a map on, AddMapLayers done and all I get is this (before any windows open):

--------------------------------------------

A first chance exception of type 'System.InvalidOperationException' occurred in BACASMap.exe

Additional information: An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details. The error is: Could not load file or assembly 'ActualMap, Version=4.7.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a25fe4226f571a77' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

---------------------------------------------

at code :

<Global.System.Diagnostics.DebuggerStepThroughAttribute()> _
Protected Overrides Sub OnCreateMainForm()
Me.MainForm = Global.BACASMap.frmMain
End Sub

I have added 'useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true"' to the App.config startup.

Not really sure where to go from here - anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

Dave

6/18/2015 12:14:17 PM
MVP
Total Posts 323

Re: Trying to set up a new map by a newbie!

Probably, you have to set the Platform Target in the Build tab.

If your application is for 32-bit system, set it it x86 and use the ActualMap assemblies from the BIN32 folder.

For 64-bit systems use x64 and the assemblies from the BIN64 folder.

Visual Studio is 32-bit and only the assemblies from the BIN32 folder can be added to the Toolbox. If you plan to deploy your application as 64-bit, you will need to replace the 32-bit ActualMap assemblies with 64-bit before deployment.

6/19/2015 4:28:57 AM
Total Posts 19

Hi

Thanks for the 32/64 clarification.
The Build tab in VS 2012 only houses Build/Rebuild/Clean/Code Analysis/Publish, and Configuration Manager, and the CM gives me no options to set a Platform Target.

I looked at https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms185328.aspx and others of the same ilk which give theoretically good info, but my CM still gives me no options to create/construct a new configuration apart from just calling it something different.

Cheers

Dave

6/19/2015 5:07:01 AM
Total Posts 19

Found it!

Thanks for the info - I was looking in the wrong place - all working now!

Cheers

Dave