VDS Technologies

Evaluation expired - but I've bought it!!

9/20/2016 4:08:24 AM
Total Posts 19

Evaluation expired - but I've bought it!!

Hi

When creating a Windows Forms app in Visual Studio 2015, then installing/running the Debug exe on a clean PC (ie installed on a user's pc), the app errors with Evaluation Expired. If I then create a Release exe and use that on the users pc it errors with Problems Loading ActualMap.dll.

The license is added via the following code:
Private sLicense As String = "xx--xx"  (the correct license key is here......)
Public Sub New()
ActualMap.License.SetLicenseKey(sLicense)

Can anyone shed any light please?

Dave

9/21/2016 11:44:17 AM
Total Posts 19

Re: Evaluation expired - but I've bought it!!

I have now realised what the problem is : I am developing on 2 machines: a desktop and a laptop as I work from home but have to visit other developers to demonstrate/update code. The error occurs when I try to run an exe from the laptop (second machine).
Is there any way round this frustrating problem?

Regards

Dave

9/24/2016 3:22:48 AM
MVP
Total Posts 323

This message can appear if you use a trial version of ActualMap, please download a licensed version at http://www.vdstech.com/ccp.aspx

9/26/2016 3:12:21 AM
Total Posts 19

Hi

This product was purchased by us in 2014. I have already explained the reasons for the problem above but here it is again:

========================================
I have now realised what the problem is : I am developing on 2 machines: a desktop and a laptop as I work from home but have to visit other developers to demonstrate/update code. The error occurs when I try to run an exe from the laptop (second machine).
Is there any way round this frustrating problem?
=========================================

Regards

Dave

9/26/2016 11:28:28 AM
MVP
Total Posts 323

The expiration message may appear only if the trial DLL of ActualMap is used: 1) when the trial period is finished or 2) the trial version of ActualMap is not installed on the machine.

Please check that the licensed DLL is used on the second machine(laptop).